Adfactor header

23.2.13

MS. NOBODY



  OUTFIT  
LEATHER JACKET. BALENCIAGA.
PARISIAN T-SHIRT. KITSUNÉ (buy here).
BAG. CHANEL.


Hi Paris, I’m nobody. We have spent some intense quality time together these last five months and I have come to know you quite well. However, you don’t know me at all.

Here I find myself liberated from all social obligations, from the opinions of “acquaintances” and the routine of most days in Amsterdam. It is a relief to walk the streets carelessly, bumping into anonymous shoulders other than always the same old crowd.

Paris might get to know me one day in these five upcoming months, but for now, I’m nobody. I am the individual I shape to be, not the person others have made me. Or better said: the life without expectations is a life of triumph.

Evidently any form of recognition like a “salut”, “coucou” or “bonjour” would be much appreciated; there would not be a better place in the world to get respect and recognition than Paris. But the power of mental rest and peace is truly precious.

It is an essential process of moving-away, to conquer yourself. To accept the person you have become. One day I might look back longing for this peace of anonymity and I am therefore grateful for the experience it has already been.

Paris, nobody can shape me like you can, can't wait for what's to come...!



PHOTO TAKEN BY FELICIA ISADORA

YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN', FACEBOOK & TWITTER


6 comments:

  1. Such a great text, I really know how you feel!
    And I like the picture a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauw, dat heb je even mooi geschreven.
    Verlief op het Chanel tasje!

    that-fashion-things.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be the perfect way to fully get to know yourself. Love how you put this in words

    P.S. The H&M banner overlaps with parts of the text in the browser I'm using, not sure if it's just my screen resolution but maybe other readers might have this problem as well. Perhaps you could fix that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bag, it is beautiful!

    XOXO Maud

    Check out my new blogpost on http://thirteentalesoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prachtig geschreven! Ik geloof je ook meteen als je zegt dat je jezelf heel goed leert kennen in zo'n grote (mode)stad waar je eerst helemaal alleen bent. Prachtige jasje heb je ook aan trouwens! Fijn weekend xxx

    www.creativityandchocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat mooi geschreven zeg! En je tas is prachtig.

    ReplyDelete